Author : Rishabh Jain | 08-10-2019 | 418 Views
In the heart of Italy, lies the city of Milan, colloquially known as the ‘Fashion Capital’ of the World. Milan, the second-most populous city after Rome, is considered a leading alpha global city, with strengths in the field of the art, commerce, design, technology, education, entertainment, fashion, finance, healthcare, media, services, research, tourism etc.
Milan is home to some of Italy's most prominent educational institutions & it is the home to one of the most sought after Universities of Europe, IULM. The University Institute for Modern Languages (IULM) was founded in 1968 by a couple of professors who were the teachers at the school. Today this vibrant University is a world-class educational hub, which offers a wide variety of courses & attracts students from all parts of the globe. The mission of IULM University is to train and teach professionals capable of taking on the challenges and grasping the opportunities emerging from international markets and scenarios, while also shaping men and women aware of their own being and worth.
In Milan, IULM University has been a flagship for excellence in the field of Communication, Languages, Tourism and promotion of Cultural Heritage for 50 years.
With its modern campus and innovative study programmes, IULM addresses ambitious students who aim at high-profile international careers. IULM’s educational proposal is composed of Undergraduate and Graduate and PhD programs. Here is a brief list English-taught programs at IULM.
Three-year Bachelor’s degree in:
1. Corporate Communication and Public Relations: The Bachelor’s Degree in Corporate Communication and Public Relations focuses on a variety of skills: it looks at how businesses are organised and run by studying management, marketing and business law; it examines social and market dynamics with courses on sociology, consumer psychology and market analysis; and it teaches students how to dialogue with the media, influencers and public opinion by providing them with top-notch communication and public relations training.
Career Opportunities: Junior Marketing Manager, Junior Product and Brand Manager Corporate Communication Specialist, Social Media Specialist, Junior Digital Strategist, Junior Media Planner, Junior Events Manager, Junior Sales Accountant etc
Two-year Master’s degrees in:
1. Strategic Communication (double degree): The Master’s Degree in Strategic Communication allows students to gain core skills for the most important areas of corporate communication. Students will be able to develop business and managerial competencies in strategic communication.
Career Opportunity: Strategic Communication Manager, responsible for planning and coordinating communication strategies. Global Reputation Manager, responsible for developing and constantly improving a brand or business reputation. Communication Specialist, responsible for planning and coordinating communication activities in a specific area. Stakeholder Relationship Manager, responsible for managing relationships with company stakeholders.
1. Hospitality and Tourism Management (double degree): The Master of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) is a brand new dual degree program that covers two years. The first year, entirely in English, is held at IULM University in Milan. The second-year offers two choices(English) for specialization: Specialization in Hospitality and Tourism Management (in English), at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, US. Upon completion, students earn a double degree: Italian (Laurea Magistrale) and American (Master of Science) as well as the possibility of staying in the US after graduation for a year of work in the tourism sector. Specialization in Innovation, Creativity and Tourism at IULM University (in English). Students can spend an exchange semester abroad with other sought-after specializations (event management; sustainable tourism; wellness and others) and earn an Italian degree (Laurea Magistrale).
Career Opportunity: Managerial and entrepreneurial roles in leading tourism companies worldwide (hotel chains, cruise companies, airlines, companies in the MICE industry, business & leisure travel, travel agency networks, tourist destination promotion agencies and consulting firms specializing in tourism). Leadership roles in tourism promotion agencies, destination management companies and institutions in charge of regional development. The strong involvement of foremost tourism companies makes it possible for students to sharpen their profiles in those areas of expertise most sought-after in the current labour market. A 6-month customized internship opens a fast track for entry into the world of work. In addition, the course supports students in starting new businesses, through the incubator IULM Innovation Lab.
One-year Master’s degrees in:
1. Communication for International Relations: The Master’s Degree Program in Communication for International Relations (MICRI) is a one-year postgraduate course aimed at raising communication specialists with specific skills and tools needed to manage communication activities related to International Relations. The study tour in the United States is structured as an on-site tour, with a full-time program of classes, lectures, workshops in major International Organizations (the World Bank, the UN), lobbying agencies and international universities.
Career Opportunity: Marketing and Communication, Press Office and PR, International Communication Agencies
2. Food Design: This Master degree aims at enabling students to aspects become professionals of the food industry and majorly develop themselves at these sectors: - The objects of food - project the related sectors and to combine marketing and work communication skills with sensitivity and with the - The objects of food: tools and ability to manage design project methods. objects for table and kitchen - Designing technologies for The combination between food and design creates a kitchen and electrical appliances “food designer” who is able to manage the design: - Food project - project work - of processes, methods and spaces where products are processed, distributed and consumed; - of food in terms of its aesthetics, communication and representation; - of equipment and tools used to prepare and consume food; - of all the communication activities implemented for the promotion of food products.
Career Opportunity: Since the course is in collaboration with multinational food companies, these companies are the recruiting ones too. The student has the opportunity to work with big firms from the food industry.
3. Game Design: Featuring some of the most accomplished, renowned, and talented designers working today in the field of indie gaming – including Auriea Harvey, Pietro Righi Riva, Michaël Samyn, Mare Sheppard, Paolo Tajé, Jake Elliott, Tamas Kemenczy, Raigan Burns, Kieran Nolan, and Matteo Bittanti - the M.A. in Game Design is a one year long, full-time program divided into eight core classes, providing all the tools and skills needed for the development, distribution, and exhibition of cutting edge games.
Career Opportunity: Game Designer Game Producer, Game Director, Game Artist, Game Critic, Game Scholar, Game Curator (events, festivals, and jams), New media marketing manager for Gaming Companies
4. International Tourism and Hospitality: The course is focused on: Place Image, Identity and Brand Hospitality Management Human Resources Information Technology and Tourism Digital Marketing Financial Analysis and Feasibility Studies A study tour in Dubai, venue of Expo2020, and Abu Dhabi to experience the most stimulating business environment and astonishing manmade landscapes in the world. 6 months customized work placement in Italy or abroad within MITH’s 500+ partner company network or a specialization in IT and Tourism at Kyoto College of Graduates Studies for Informatics (KCGI).
Career Opportunity: Hotel chains Cruise companies Airlines MICE businesses Travel agency networks Destination management companies Consulting firms specializing in tourism
5. International Communication: To train experts and consultants in the various sectors of international communication; To prepare students for a competitive and global working environment, with a particular focus on integration between different cultures. The Master’s course is intended for graduates holding a first-cycle or second-cycle degree from all Italian or foreign universities. A Triple Master’s certificate is awarded on completion of the course, one from each university.
Career Opportunity: Corporate Communication Officer, Media Relations Specialist, Spokesperson, Communication Consultant, Public Relations Advisor, Intercultural Trainer, International Communication Facilitator, Public Affairs Specialist
6. International Marketing and Sales Communication: Modern markets are globalized, convergent and multicultural-and this requires sophisticated, cross-cutting managerial capabilities. The goal of IULM’s executive education course in International Marketing & Sales Communication is to produce professionals with the skills to resolve marketing, communication and sales issues through the creation of client-focused value strategies. The course also includes fieldwork, business games and a sales pitch competition.
Career Opportunity: International marketing manager; Growth manager; International product manager; International trade manager; Country manager; Global sales manager; Key account executive; Business developer; International communication & brand manager; International buying manager.
7. Museology, New Media and Museum Communication (online): Online Modules with the participation of experts and practitioners with documented international experience; Comprehensive e-learning experience: you will find video lessons, readings, tutorials and assignment reviews. This Master’s Course is open to applicants holding a university degree (MA or PhD) ora BA accompanied by documented experience in the field of museums and/or heritage.
Career Opportunity: Graduates from the course will be ready to pursue careers in museums and heritage institutions, cultural organizations, and education agencies dealing with heritage issues, as well as people active in cultural communication in general.
Contact JAM Campus Abroad for more details. Call us at +91 9867343443 or +91 7710070627 to book a FREE Consultation.